Search This Blog

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Garage Rock

This blog has sat dormant since Stomp! Shout! Scream! was re-released on DVD by Indican Pictures (as Monster Beach Party A Go Go).  Marketing and selling and such is now in their hands.  So I'm going to use this space to write about what ever Garage Rock crosses my ears.

I found this 7" Single by The Vice Barons at Criminal Records today.  I love singles, but have about 1,000 that I don't really listen to, so I don't really buy that many any more.  This one grabbed me, however-- clearly the sexy-as-all-get-out cover and the song title DEATH WALK OF FRANKIE STEIN.   It's a 4-track EP of fuzz guitar-organ surf songs.  Other tracks are: SWAMP SUFER, BUZZ..., AND RADIANT.  A google search found an album called FRIENDS IN LOW PLACES that sounds great on first listen.  Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Jay - Looking forward to what you turn up!

    Jeff @ Vintage Roadside

    ReplyDelete
  2. The video is very cool! I like the song - you're right, its a nice blend of Garage and Surf. Great guitar and organ, I love this kind of music! I found a video of then doing "Suck-O-Rama" on YouTube, that was good too. Thanks for writing about these guys!

    Bill @ Garage Rock Radio Records

    ReplyDelete